Hard hitting questions, inspirational testimonials and hope for a brighter future.
Our 6th Annual Moshal Scholarship Program Corporate Breakfast took place on Friday 2 August 2019 at the Maslow Hotel in Sandton.
This eagerly anticipated event brings together Corporate SA, industry experts, NGOs and Moshal scholars and alumni from around the country. The purpose of the breakfast is to bring together, all involved parties who work towards youth employment, to address the issue of higher education and investment in our youth.
Our impressive panellists who discussed the topic “Can SA’s top talent turn the Foreign Investment Tide?” included:
- Phumzile Langeni – Co-founder and Executive Chairman of Afropulse Group, member of the Presidential Task team for Foreign Investment
- Adrian Gore – Founder and Chief Executive Officer of the Discovery Group
- Joanne Joseph – Presenter on Talk Radio 702’s afternoon drive slot
- Dr Martin Moshal – Successful entrepreneur, philanthropist and Founder of the Moshal Scholarship Program
Guest were also inspired by Nonhlanhla Seroke (Moshal Alumni) and Karabo Sephofane (Moshal Scholar) who shared their stories of resilience and success with us.
If you missed this year’s breakfast and would like to be involved with the Moshal Scholarship Program, there are several ways for you to partner with us:
- Attend one of our breakfasts in 2020 to learn more about us
- Offer vac work to our senior students (1-day, 1 week – the possibilities are endless)
- Consider our graduates for employment
- Provide career mentorship for our forthcoming graduates or new alumni
- Create opportunities for internships or work shadowing
- Participate in our panel of young professionals
- Provide speakers and trainers for our students on relevant work place topics
- Conduct mock interviews on our forthcoming graduates
- Let us know what degrees and faculties are required in your industry
- Assist us in our selection process by helping to interview candidates
- Provide tutors for our scholars who may need extra help in degrees such as Actuarial and Accounting Science
- Share your office space for us to hold occasional workshops and meetings
Any corporates looking to attend next year’s Breakfast or partner with the Moshal Scholarship Program can email Jodi Bailey – CM@Moshalscholarship.org